Monday 14 March 2011

Update

I haven't updated for a couple of weeks as haven't had much time! Last weekend I did some allotment duties, lots of digging included. I dug a trench out for my asparagus crowns, planted some strawberry runners and planted my onions and red onions (apparently this was too early, but we shall see what happens!).

I have had a check of my seeds in the G-House but don't think the sun has been strong enough for them.
This weekend I have dug over a patch that I weeding it last weekend, so it is a ready patch when needed. It was part of the plot I hadn't touched at all last year so found more of that 'safe' aspestos tiling, glass, rope and plastic bags... the joys. I should piece it altogether and re-make an allotment of the past...

I planted half of my First Early potatoes, hoping there will be no frost. I will plant the rest in a couple of weeks just incase.

I thought I had lots of space but it turns out I am running out already, so I need to re-arrange my plan.

Oh, and my rhubarb is shooting up! Can't wait to make Rhubarb and Custard cake with my own roob. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, rhubarb.

    Had my first picking at the weekend, and went straight for the custard.

    Have you tried Delia Smith's rhubarb crumble ice cream recipe? Its immense!

    ReplyDelete