Tuesday 25 January 2011

Skip RAIDING...

Well not quite raiding, I found the kind workman and told him I have been eyeing up his skip for a week or so and wondered if I could take some stuff for my allotment. He said of course and that to take whatever I wanted - even the bath! The bath won't fit in my car unfortunately...

So my Dad came to meet me by the skip and we were like a couple of tramps in the dark loading up his car with wood mainly, we did get a few stares, I was going to go and explain myself with the allotment story but was far too excited looking in the skip to be honest. We mainly got planks of wood to use for a base for the shed, to make some more vegetable beds and make some posts to mark off the sections. Chuffed to be saving myself some money and making use of those poor wasted trees! :)

We might return in daylight when perhaps we will see some more gems!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got some good stuff. I still haven't taken the bathtub...

    ReplyDelete