Sunday 16 January 2011

To start - Beg of January

I thought I had better start doing something with the allotment after the snow, frost, rain! had stopped me visiting to check she was ok. I went up to check it and everything was ok. A missing compost bin lid which I found on the neighbouring plot and some cloches blown away but other than that, everything safe! I had a rough count of steps to work out metreage etc... ready for planning, dug a few weeds and went home feeling determined.

I decided to used Excel to make a plan. It is very rough and can adapt as I go along. I looked at what I want to grow this year and organised when I need to plant seeds etc... I was pretty impressed with myself! After planning, I went shopping for seeds and spent about £20 (I am sure I will see the savings in the veg!)

Today, I went up to the plot with my Dad and his cordless drill to make a couple of vegetable beds and mark out some patches with sticks and string! It is getting there!! I have 5 little patches ready and am working my way down the plot. So much to do!!

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment