Monday 14 February 2011

Weather!

Sunday was my allotment day - however, it was rainy, windy and cold and I just couldn't face being out in the cold all day when BF was indoors hungover and in the warm and my Dad was in watching The Sopranos, I just couldn't pull myself away from the house.

So to be productive, I decided I would start to chit my early potatoes (which I have been meaning to do for a while!) using two of my seed trays as didn't have any egg boxes available - which I used last year.


I also sowed some of my seeds in my Mum's small greenhouse after the windy accident with my bigger one. Think I will have to invest in another because all my seeds definately won't fit in this one.

So far I have planted some Globe Artichokes, Giant Exhibition Broad Beans, Leeks, Sugar Snap Peas, Pea Douce Provence and Radishes. I need to buy some more seed trays this week and get some more stuff planted! Oh and I bought two bags of Shallot bulbs for £1.49 a bag to plant next weekend! If it is dry... 

So to finish off my day I decided to bake a valentines day inspired cake (just wanted to use my heart shaped tin - I love heart shaped things) and some choc cupcakes to give as a present for someone. I may have some cake as a treat tonight. I can't resist.





2 comments:

  1. Love the cakes!

    What earlies did you go for in the end? Couldn't decide between Swift and Sharpe's Express. Went for SE in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the look of the cakes - can't wait to start using stuff off the allotment for them! I got Pentland Javelin First Earlies, there were two to choose from in Homebase and they looked the best! Have you planted yours?

    ReplyDelete